The BEP Controller is an intelligent
and versatile instrument designed to interface to standard
industrial analogue and digital sensors. The measured input
signals are captured for internal recording control.
- The instrument can be interfaced simultaneously with up
to four 4-20mA or 0-5 V analogue and four digital sensors
performing measurements and computing parameters such as:
Percentage, Level, Volume, Open Channel Flow, Temperature,
pH, or Pressure.
- The instrumentation is able to provide 24V 0.9A power
for the Seonsors and it measures the output signal from
each connected sensor for recording or control.
- As a controller, the instrument can be programmed with
various set points resulting in analogue outputs (PID) and
relay (six) actions according to the measured inputs. Complex
switching sequences, are possible and pump rotation for
even wear as has been implemented.
- As a recorder, the instrument is capable of storing as
much as one month's data at one-minute intervals or more
than a year's data at 15-minute intervals, logging all data
- Configuration of the instrument can be done via the six
function keys and the graphical LCD display or via a personal
computer (PC) using the custom software supplied with the
unit. The configuration is password protected.
- Using a personal computer and the custom software supplied
with the unit, the instrument can be configured and all
recorded data can be displayed in graphical format. The
recorded data an also be exported for further analysis in
- Remote communication with the instrument is possible using
RS232 / RS 484, MODEM or GSM MODEM (Data & SMS). Via
this interface, configuration changes and data retrieval
are possible. Using the RS485 interface, a network of up
to 32 BEP Controllers can be created. RF Telementry is easily
implemented by adding an external RF Transceiver.
- Loop powered 4-20mA devices such as Level, Pressure, pH
and Temperature meters can be translated to their respective
functions, Volume/Level, Pressure, Acidity and Temperature
by using one of the pre-programmed conversion formulas or
via a custom set points table.
- When a 2-wire loop powered ultrasonic level transmitter
is connected, the BEP Controller can be set to interpret
the signal as Percentage, Distance / Level, Volume or Flow.
Several pre-programmed types of vessels, weirs and flumes
are available to easily configure Volume & Flow applications;
alternatively a 15 point custom table can be used. Combined
functions, such as Add, Subtract, Average and Dual Flow
operations are also possible when using two input signals.
Totalizer functionality is provided for each channel.
- Four 4-20mA / 0-5V Analogue inputs
- Four Digital inputs
- Able to provide 24V/0.9A power for external
- Able to provide 12V for an external MODEM
- Six Relays
- Two Digital outputs
- Two Analogue outputs (4-20mA)
- Graphic LCD display
- Six keys Keyboard
- Personal computer with custom software
Data Logging & Communication
- Data can be exported to PC
- Two Megabyte flash based storage
- Remote data retrieval
- RS232 / RS485 network operation
- MODEM / GSM MODEM interface
- Firmware can be updated in the field
- Indepndently programmable inputs
- Pre-programmed conversion formulas
- Programmed custom set point table
- Remote configuration and data retrieval
- Programmable control functions
- Programmable measurement functions
- Isolated 4-20mA or 0-5V, measured at 12 bits resolution.
Inputs can be averaged for up to 128 readings.
- Two isolated 4-20mA, generated at 12 bits resolution
- Optically isolated, requires a minimum of 1.3V/2mA DC
to register a signal.
- Able to switch 30mADC, maximum voltage is 80VDC, pulse
output for connection to an external totalizer.
- Six Relays, per relay N/O and N/C 6A 250VAC/28VDC
- Via front panel or remote configuration using the PC custom
software. Common configurations can be stored in templates,
to be used in new instrument configurations. Configuration
is password protected.
Front Panel User Interface
- Graphic LCD, capable of displaying 8 lines of 20 characters.
Six button keyboard for configuration purposes.
- Two Serial Ports, one external DB9 connector. Port 2 can
be configured as RS485 or RS232 and can be used as MODEM/GSM
MODEM or RF Telemetry interface. Network of up to 32 BEP
Controllers is also possible via the RS485 interface.
- Two megabyte flash based memory. Data logging is configurable
on a per minute basis up to a maximum of 99-minute intervals.
Using 15 minute logging intervals, a Data-Log of over 1
year in length can be created.
- Level, Volume and Flow. Various standard tanks/weirs/flumes
or custom tables can be selected. Totaliser functionality
is provided for each channel.
- Add / Subtract / Average / Dual measurements for Flow,
Level and Volume using two transducers
- 4-20mA Loop powered devices, such as Level, Pressure,
pH & Temperature
- Programmable set points with hysteresis functionality.
- Daily and/or periodic timer functions.
- Configurable Pump rotation for wear leveling.
- PID Control
- AC 90 - 230V / Max Power 10W
- Able to provide 24V / 50mA power for external sensors.
- Able to provide 12V for external MODEM
- Operating temperatures: -20°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 80°C
- UC resistant, IP65 (NEMA 4X)
- Length: 230mm
- Width: 270mm
- Height: 76mm
Our aim is to provide our customers with practical,
cost-saving engineered solutions and through our
worldwide and local/manufacture supplier contacts
and service facilities, we are able to offer complete
instrumentation packages. These comprehensive
packages include controllers, data loggers, control
panels and turnkey projects.