How to Choose the Right Flow Meter
Simply speaking, flow meters are used to measure the flow of a liquid or a gas. More technically speaking, it is used to measure the non linear, linear, volumetric and mass flow rate of a liquid or a gas.
Finding a flow meter that is right for your particular set up or application will require for you to fully understand your application and its function beforehand. There are a number of things that you will need to consider when deciding which meter is ideal for you. The following should be taken into account:
- What is being measured? Is it air, liquid or gas?
- What is the viscosity of the fluid if it is not water?
- Do you want the meter to provide a local display or do you require an electronic signal output?
- What are the minimum and maximum pressures, flow rate and temperatures expected for the process?
- What is the size of the pipes being used in the process?
- Is the fluid going to be compatible (chemically) with the meter’s wetted parts?
When purchasing a flow meter it is important to ensure that you purchase one from a company that provides technologically advanced meters that are well designed and able to handle the task at hand. Be sure to enquire if the supplier has spare parts available and what the installation will cost, to have it done professionally. Don’t be lead to believe that a cheaper meter will be the best investment. Make sure that the meter you buy is of the utmost best quality before doing any installations.
At BEP Bestobell you can expect a consultant to be available to discuss your flow meter needs with you. They will assist you in choosing one that is simply ideal for your application and ensure that it does not cost you an arm and a leg. For more information and advice on their range of meters and other products, contact BEP Bestobell today.