The iSonic is an inteligent and versatile
ultrasonic Meter / Controller designed to measure Level, Volume
and Open Channel Flow. iSonic's unique features allow accurate
measurements in harsh environments. The iSonic uses the measured
signals for control purposes and /or recording to an internal
- In fresh and waste water applications, iSonic 1000 measures
level and calculates flow rates through weirs or flumes
using one of it's pre-programmed conversion formulasor a
15 point conversation table. The two transducer inputs can
be added, subtracted and averaged. Totalizer functionality
is provided for each channel.
- In silos and tanks, the iSonic 1000 measures level and
calculates the volume of the solids or liquids they contain
by using one of its standard tank shape pre-programmed conversion
formulas. Volume can also be calculated using a custom 15
point conversion table.
- In tanks containing chemical substances with high vapour
pressure, iSonic 1000 maintains its accuracy by constantly
measuring the speed of sound in the environment, in conjunction
with a specialized sensor. iSonic 1000 maintains its accuracy
in any application where the atmospheric environment is
- The iSonic 1000 can be powered by either AC (90-230V)
or DC (12-14V) power. A low power sleep/operate mode is
provided for installations where no mains power is available.
In low power mode, the iSonic 1000 typically draws only
1000 can interface two Ultrasonic Transducers simultaneously,
performing independent or combined Level,Volume and Open
Channel Flow measurements. Additionally, the instrument
can be interfaced to two Temperature sensors, two Analogue
inputs (0-5V or 4-20mA) and four Digital inputs.
- The instrument is able to provide limited 24V power to
external loop sensors or 12V power for an external MODEM.
- As a controller, the instrument can be programmed with
various set points resulting in analogue outputs (PID) and
relay (five) actions according to the measured inputs. Complex
switching sequences are possible and pump rotation for even
wear has been implemented.
- As a recorder, the instrument is capable of storing as
much as one-month's data at one-minute intervals or more
than a year's data at 15-minute intervals, whilst logging
all data channels.
- Configuration of the instrument can be done via the six
function keys and the graphical LCD display or via a personal
computer (PC) using the custom software supplied with the
unit. The configuration is password protected.
- Using a personal computer and the custom software supplied
with the unit, recorded data can be displayed in graphical
format. Minimum, maximum and average flow for a specified
time interval can be calculated and displayed in tabular
and graphical format. The recorded data can be exported
in .CSV format.
- Remote communication with the instrument is possible using
RS232/RS485, MODEM or GSM MODEM (Data & SMS). Via this interface,
configuration changes and data retrieval are possible. Using
the RS485 interface, a network of up to 32 iSonic 1000 s
can be created. The units can be configured to send SMS
to a technician when certain selected alarms have occurred.
Also, using SMS, current information such as totalizer value,
current level/flow reading, temperature reading etc, can
- Event Logger records up to 1000 Events.
- Two 4-20mA dedicated ultrasonic transducers which include
two inputs for Temperature compensation
- Two 4-20mA or 0-5V Analogue inputs
- Four Digital inputs
- Five Relays (one for Fault Alarms)
- Two Digital outputs
- Two Analogue outputs (4-20mA)
- Graphic LCD display
- Six button Keyboard
- Custom Software for Personal Computer
Data logging & Communication
can be exported to a PC using RS232 interface
- Two Megabyte flash based storage
- Remote data retrieval
- RS485 network operation
- MODEM / GSM MODEM interface
- SMS (small message system) mobile Communication
- Independently programmable inputs
- Pre-Programmed conversion formulas
- Programmable measurement functions
- Remote configuration and data retrieval
- Programmable control functions
- Firmware can be updated in the field
- Two 15 point conversion tables
Close Range (mm)
Accuracy ± X % of
10° with cone
PVC & Teflon
- 4-20mA or 0-5V, measured at 10 bits resolution
- Two 4-20mA, generated at 12 bits resolution
Front Panel User Interface
- Graphic LCD, capable of displaying 8 lines of 20 characters.
Six button keyboard for configuration purposes.
- Five versions of the iSonic 1000 Ultrasonic Transducers.
- Four for level, flow and volume applications.
- One for Velocity probe for applications where the
atmospheric environment is non-standard.
- All the iSonic 1000 transducers can operate at a distance
of 1000m from the control unit, no special cable required.
- Via front panel or remote configuration using the PC custom
software. On PC interface common configurations can be stored
in templates, to be used in new instrument configurations.
Configuration is password protected.
- Five Relays (1 for Fault Alarm), N/O and N/C 6A 250V AC/28VDC
- Able to switch 30mADC, maximum voltage is 80VDC, pulse
output for connection to an external totaliser.
- USP 24L
- USP 4& 8 L
- USP 16L
- Velocity Probe
- Two megabye flash based memeory. Data logging is configurable
on a per minute basis up to a maximum of 99-minute intervals.
- Level, Volume and Flow. Various standard tanks/weirs/flumes
or custom tables can be selected. Totalizer functionality
is provided for each channel.
- Add / Subtract / Average / Dual measurements for Flow,
Level and Volume using two transducers
- 4-20mA Loop powered devices, such as Level, Pressure,
pH & Temperature, displayed as a %can be used for control
- Programmable set points with hysteresis functionality.
- Configurable Pump rotation for wear leveling.
- AC 90 - 230V / Max Power 10W
- Able to provide 24V / 50mA oiwer for external sensors.
- Able to provide 12V for external MODEM
- Operating temperatures: -20°C to 60°C
- Storate temperature: -40°C to 80°C
- UV Resistant, IP65 (NEMA 4X)
- Length: 230mm
- Width: 270mm
- Height: 76mm
- Weight: ±1.3Kg
Our aim is to provide our customers with practical,
cost-saving engineered solutions and through our
worldwide and local/manufacture supplier contacts
and service facilities, we are able to offer complete
instrumentation packages. These comprehensive
packages include controllers, data loggers, control
panels and turnkey projects.